P5s magazine’s Triple Crown is among the most coveted titles for online tournament players, right after the great end-of-the-year awards. It is also among the hardest to achieve, as it requires tourney victories in three different online poker rooms within a week.How the Triple Crown is earned:
- A player must win three multi-table tournaments, each of which start within the same seven day period across three of any of the sites we track for P5er cashes.
- Each tournament must have a prize pool of at least $10K.
- Each tournament must have at least 100 players.
- Satellite tournaments do not count.
- Wins must be verified by the PocketFives.com staff from data collected from the sites themselves.
Ten or more Triple Crowns are only held by two in the history of online poker: runner-up to Moorman, Hungarian 'Belabacsi
' boasts 10 titles. Recorder ‘moorman1’
won his 12th title in November, 2012.
Chris 'moorman1' Moorman
On 9 February, Moorman set out to break his own record once again: he won the $300 NLHE $30,000 Guaranteed tournament on FTP for $9,828, besting a field of 117. On 11 February, he took down the $100 NLHE Speed $15,000 Guaranteed tourney for $3,940 among 152 players on bwin (PartyPoker). Finally, he added $12,016 to his bankroll after defeating 394 contestants in the $109 NLHE (Turbo, 2X Chance) $30,000 Guaranteed event on PS.
Moorman is a record holder not only of Triple Crown titles but also in most money won in online tournaments, currently standing at a total profit of $8,928,132.The Triple Crown Top 10 Players are the following:moorman1 - 13
Belabacsi - 10
mementmori - 9
o11pokerdr - 7
Naza114 - 6
1banditpanda - 6
JLizard - 6
Big Huni - 5
scnoodle - 5
noctus – 5