total race prizepool in January

Life after PokerStars - where to play spins

Publish: 2019-12-18 17:38:11

PokerStars recently made changes in their spin-and-go games, which made the regulars find another site to grind at.

PokerStars used to be the home of spin and go players, but the recent changes they made force the regulars of this format to find another site.

PokerStars increased the rake yet again, introduced a different blind structure - which makes about 50% of the games running with 2-minute blinds -, and added a special rotating jackpot, which may sound nice first, but is just another way to squeeze out more rake from the players.

That's why we wanted to walk you through the alternatives, by taking a look at the best alternatives, if you want to play spins.

Many of the biggest sites offer their (almost identical) version of the spin and go's.

Based on player feedback, it can be said, that the fields are similar as at PokerStars, while sometimes they're slightly tougher. However, because of the lower rake and high rakeback, it's certainly worth playing at other sites.



PokerStars partypoker PokerKing Betfair Poker Tigergaming Unibet Poker
Stakes 10 stakes: $0,25-$500 9 stakes: $0,25-$250 4 stakes: $2-$40 7 stakes: €1-€100 5 stakes: $3-$30 7 stakes: €1-€100
Rake 5-8% (+1% Special) 4-8% 6% 7% 7-7,7% 6,80%
Rakeback 1-2% 20-40%+ 10%-60% 35% fixed VIP deal Up to 62%
Effective rake* ($10 stake) 7% 4,20% 4,48% 4,30% 6,50% 5%
HUD Support Yes No Yes Yes Yes (converter) No
Peak of traffic European European American European American European
Blind structure 2 minutes 50% of the tournament 3 minutes 3 minutes 3 minutes 3 minutes 2 minute-blinds 80% of the games
Multipliers х2-х3-х5 х2-х3-х5 х2-х4-х6 х2-х3-х5 х2-х4-х6* x1.5-x3-x5
Probability х2 ($10 stake) 0,4648 0,4348 0,7051 0,5718 0,7506 0,5603
Rakerace.com promotion No $8,000 Race + 10-15% Chase 8-13% Chase 2x€15,000 Races + €50,000 Twister Race VIP offer €3,000 Race

If you don't use HUD

Partypoker has its own brand, called SPINS, which is similar to the 'old school' version of the game. They offer nine different stakes from $0.25 to $250 and according to our players, the games run regularly all the way up to $100.

The highest games, the $250 SPINS also run, but it may take a little longer for the tables to kick off here.

Players at partypoker can gain up to 50% weekly cash backs, while if you sign up via rakerace.com you can also participate in our exclusive $8,000 race AND our exclusive chase, which provides you with 10-15% of extra rakeback on top of the race prizes!

If you're uncertain whether you're eligible for these promotions, make sure to reach out to us, even if you already have an account at partypoker!



Unibet Poker's own version of the format is called Hexapro. They offer 7 different stakes from €1 to €100. The games here are really soft, as they're filled with recreational players (since the games are also available from the Unibet casino, expect many gamblers here).

If you use HUD

In case you prefer playing with HUDs, the best choice is Betfair Poker, where you can also find seven different buy-in levels between €1 and €100. Our players at Betfair Poker are entitled to a 35% fixed rakeback, regardless of the amount of rake they generate.

If you sign up via us, you can also participate in two €15,000 races each month, with about 10-25% extra rakeback for the most dedicated grinders!

On top of all these, the Twister players at Betfair Poker can take part in weekly Twister races, with €12,500 in total prizes each for additional cash prizes!

At Tigergaming and PokerKing you can also find spin action, but the traffic may be a bit smaller than at the aforementioned sites. However, these sites can work great as secondary homes for you!

At PokerKing you can gain up to 40% VIP rakeback, while our players can also participate in our exclusive chase, which provides them with 8-13% extra rakeback on top for the total of 53% rakeback! New players can also gain extra value by the $777 first deposit bonus!

If you wish to play at TigerGaming make sure to reach out to us for a market leading VIP offer!

Earn extra rakeback here!
Contact us for VIP deals here!
http://www.rakerace.com/poker_rooms/pokerking/

Poker Rooms

© 2009-2015 Rakerace.com. All Rights Reserved.
+18 Gamble Responsibly!
Connect with us