In an attempt, to promote Run It Once Poker, Galfond issued a high-stakes challenge to the poker community.
As we announced yesterday, Run It Once Poker has joined the list of our partners, awaiting new players with generous welcome bonuses and hefty rakebacks.
The owner of the site, high-stakes legend, Phil Galfond has now announced an exciting challenge, which is very similar to the infamous 'durrrr Challenge'.
According to the announcement, Phil made he would play heads-up PLO against anyone (except for the coaches of his training site) for at least 50,000 hands with stakes of $100/$200 or higher and would also offer a side bet with a 3:1 odds for ten buy-ins.
As Phil wrote on his blog, he's looking for the following action:
- Prefer 100/200 through 300/600 PLO.
- Will consider as low as 25/50
- Will consider PLO/NL, PLO / limit games, and perhaps even straight NL if I get desperate enough!
- Strongly prefer play on Run It Once Poker, but would consider some or all of the match played elsewhere if necessary.
- You accept that I might make training content around the match and/or stream some of the match.
- Any opponent who would stream some of the match (on RIO Poker) will get preference and possibly better terms.
Even though the Galfond issued the challenge only two days ago, more than 10 players have already shown interest and it looks like the first one is already accepted.
Hedge fund boss and recreational poker player, Bill Perkins is close to coming to an agreement with Phil.
Even though Phil Galfond was one of the most feared PLO specialists a few years ago, he's been inactive for quite some time and is probably considered a spot by the current HU PLO end bosses.
The challenge is certainly an exciting one and we can expect some huge action in the upcoming future!
Earn extra rakeback here!
Contact us for VIP deals here!